The Clinic moved to a larger building on Lincoln Road in 2010. The Clinic is a centre of excellence in addictions medicine with six (6) physicians attending the clinic, including two (2) female physicians serving Essex and Kent Counties.
Located at 1574 Lincoln Road, Windsor, Ontario where, along with our community partners, we offer , a holistic, patient focused, approach to outpatient addiction services, providing:
- On – site physicians trained in addictions treatment
- Hep C / HVC treatment with our own specialized nursing staff for anyone in need
- Case management staff
- Patient advocacy
- An on-site pharmacy
- On-site relapse prevention service
- Alcohol misuse medical treatment using the Sinclair Method Therapist, funded by the the LHIN.
- Home withdrawal program
Our Historical Perspective
In November 1997, methadone treatment became available to individuals in the Windsor-Essex County area following a 15 year absence. In July 1998, the Board of the AIDS Committee of Windsor (ACW) gave approval for the establishment of an onsite clinic on Drouillard Rd. In January 2010, the physicians moved the clinic to a larger facility on Lincoln Rd. near Essex Terminal Rail.
This not – for – profit community-based clinic is a regional addiction centre offering support and attention to the broader determinants of health; such as poverty and isolation. The Clinic is part of the local health integration network partnership.